Opening Night Information for Artists
We are having our Opening Reception this year on July 5,2023. This is a perfect way to start our festival. We are at the Hubbard’s Barn #57 Hwy, Nova Scotia trunk. (Hubbard’s Market location) 7pm-9:30pm. For the most part the event is the same as last year, yes Crab Apple Cafe is our caterer!
* Members are invited to submit up to three pieces for the Art Show and Sale (maximum 2500 square inches in total) Please provide an easel with any piece if it is 24” in height or width. Everything you bring must be labelled with your name and contact information. All hangable art must have a wire. If you have three dimensional works, wood, clay, glass or jewelry feel free to bring something to display it on.
* To register your art, please use the link below. Deadline is June 24. If you have any questions contact [email protected]
* DROP OFF art works at the barn between 10:30am and noon on the day of the event, July 5. If for some reason you are unable to drop it off yourself, please find a friend or fellow artist to do the drop off. We call this “artpool”. The volunteers hanging and displaying your art have a very small window to do the job properly. Thank you for being prompt with this issue.
* Volunteers will accept your art at the door and make sure the paperwork, labeling and hanging are all correct. If your art has not sold, fingers crossed this isn’t the case, you or someone you assign MUST TAKE YOUR ART HOME THAT NIGHT. At 9:30 things will be wrapping up.
* ALL SALES will be 80% to the artist and 20% to the PCAFA. You will receive your proceeds the next week from the PCAFA.
* SILENT AUCTION and DOOR PRIZE – the membership out did themselves last year with donations for our baskets! They were beautiful and full of amazing and rich examples of who we are as artists. This year we will do one large basket as a door prize and smaller baskets for a silent auction. Proceeds from the silent auction will be donated to the food bank. We are not just artists but community members who use what we love to do what we can. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING SMALL, PLEASE BRING IT WITH YOUR ART THE MORNING OF THE EVENT. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
* There will be a grand prize of $150 towards any art at the Opening Reception. That’s very exciting!
* TICKETS are $25 and are available online as of JUNE 1, 2023. They may be purchased HERE. Tell all your friends! By the way, we sold out last year! Don’t put off buying your ticket to the last minute! We look forward to seeing you all and mingling with fellow artists and fellow art lovers and support! Here’s to a wonderful festival!