2018 PCAFA MEMBER ACTIVITY AND EXHIBITION
Have a sense of fun, be open to trying something new, and enjoy an opportunity to partner with fellow Festival members in creating two original works of Art.
You start a work of art based on the theme ‘Double Take’ and someone else finishes it. You, in turn, receive a partially completed work of art and you finish it. We all get together and see what has transpired.
You will be given two sheets of 140 lb. cold press water colour paper, each measuring 15”x22”. One is to work on, the second is in case you aren’t happy with your first go.
You are to begin a work, and take it to some degree of completion. You decide how much or how little of the surface you will use, and what medium (media) you will use. Acrylic, watercolour, textiles, collage – anything goes. The idea is to begin an artwork that someone else will complete. The only requirement is that the submitted piece still measures 15”x22”, incorporates the paper, and is unsigned. Unsigned so that there is an element of mystery until the end!
In February the unsigned, partially completed works will be collected and photographed. By a random draw, each participating artist will be given someone else’s partially completed work. Artists will then have until April 30th to complete and submit the finished piece. The same rules apply – any media may be used, and any amount of the piece may be worked over or around. All we ask is that the finished piece measures 15”x22”.
When the final pieces have been submitted they will be photographed and held for exhibition.
- Only Festival members qualify to participate.
- Each artist shall own the piece that they initiated, not the one that they completed. It has to be one or the other so we’ve decided that it will be the one that you’ve set the initial direction for.
- If you will be out of the area over the winter months and can’t pick up your two sheets of paper, you can purchase your own and submit a receipt for reimbursement .
- If you are not able to return the partially completed work to the Festival in person at the end of February, the Festival will reimburse you for shipping costs to Nova Scotia, when you submit a receipt, to a maximum of $25.
- All pieces will be included in a video montage showing both phases of development, and will be exhibited (revealed) at the Studio Tour Sign Pick-up/Launch in June as well as at the Opening Night Reception in July. Should another opportunity arise to show the group’s work, we’ll do that too!
- Artwork will not be framed or mounted but hung as is.
- Drop-off and pick-up details to follow. Watch the Festival Website or contact Philip Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 902-219-1188.