Silent Auction Regulations
- Participants must be current members of the PCAFA.
- Each piece must be original art and/or fine craft designed and executed by the artist.
- Works should be modest in scope (e.g. paintings should be no larger than 16×20 inches finished size).
- Please confirm your interest to participate, and the number of pieces of art you would like to feature to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 8th, 2018.
- We are considering the possibility of accepting a few larger pieces of art. It would be on a first come, first reviewed basis. If you are interested, please let us know via email no later than Friday, June 8th, 2018. E.G. A sculpture, a large painting 5’X 5’, as examples. Please email email@example.com with a description and size of the piece for consideration by the Opening Night committee. We may require the artist to assist with the proper hanging and/or display of work at Shining Waters on the morning of the Opening Reception event.
- All other participants may enter up to three pieces. Jewellery is the exception. Up to five pieces of jewellery may be submitted.
- Participating artists must bring a signed copy of the Artist Agreement Form when art is dropped off.
- Each piece of art work must be accompanied by a completed Artist Information Form (taped on the back). Artists are encouraged to attach a bio or business card on the back.
- The artist will provide an estimated value (the normal retail value for the work) and a minimum bid (approximately 80% of the normal retail value).
- Minimum Bid increments of $5.00 will be required.
- Artists will receive 70% of the sale price of each work. The PCAFA will receive 30% of the sale.
- PCAFA will make every effort to display all work submitted but reserves the right to display and auction only one piece per artist if space limitations deem it necessary.
- Every care will be taken in handling artworks. However, the PCAFA assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any items delivered for, or displayed at, the Reception.
Drop Off and Pick Up Arrangements
Friday, June 22nd between 9:30 am and 2:00 pm
St. Luke’s United Church basement, 5374 St. Margaret’s Bay Rd, Upper Tantallon
*see Mary Lynne MacKay (902) 877-3110
Saturday, June 23rd between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
Joanne William’s home, 175 Glenwood Drive, Allen Heights
Note: Unsold work can be picked up by the submitting artist at the end of the opening night. If the artist is not attending, the PCAFA will contact him/her to arrange pickup.
Joanne Williams: 902-240-2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Lynne MacKay: 902-877-3110 email@example.com